19 September 2012

My Own Summer Book Challenge

Yes summer is coming to a close and with it goes my own personal reading challenge.

I started off the summer dedicating myself to finally reading and finishing Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen or (Karen Blixen).

I'm not sure if it was just me and perhaps it was the large print book the library gave me, but it took me FOREVER to read. I think reading that book aged me 10 years by making me think I was an elder. It was incredibly tedious, but I got through it.

I like the idea of outsiders in Africa, so next I picked The Sheltering Sky. If you can erase John Malkovich from your brain and concentrate on the writing, you'll do fine. It took me awhile and it was well worth the time and effort. I enjoy Paul Bowles writing and I was ready for the descriptive desert scenes. He did not disappoint.

As summer is about to end, 3 days in fact, I'm working on my last book, The Stranger by Albert Camus. I know I read this in my college days but I could not recall any details from it. So far none of it seems familiar, so it's like a new book to me. All this talk of Algiers makes me want to visit but as of right now, it remains in my dreams.

This is a painting I created earlier this year titled Esther. I thought it gives off a certain time essense similar to the books I read.

No comments:


Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rockin' the Catskills, United States
Love number stations.