27 June 2007

her methods are inscructable...

I should have known the night was going to be bad.

I should have.

I took Emily out for her last pee of the night. In the spring and summer we have to make sure little woodland creatures haven't ventured in the yard. It was safe so I went back inside.
As I opened the door I heard a very strange noise. I had a Homer J. Simpson moment because I caught myself talking to my brain. "Did you hear that brain?"

Just for the sake of my sanity, the sound was repeated. It took a couple of seconds to register.
Oh yay, that was a machine gun.

We live about 5 minutes from a Fort where they play fight. Just think of everyone over in the Middle East and hear this all the time. I wonder if it becomes white noise. Do you have to become desensitized?

It was sort of coolish enough to sleep with the windows open but it tuned out to be a bad idea.

I wasn't sleeping very well(1000 things in my head), and something that I dread to hear, car tires screeching and then lots of metal crunching sounds. Horrible sounds. I looked out the window and I knew it happened on Route 9 near our house. I looked up in the sky and there was a blood red moon. Creeped me out. What's weird is that there were no sirens, but there was activity on the road. Rescue trucks, fire trucks. I was waiting for police cars to announce on a loudspeaker that we needed to leave our house immediately because of a chemical spill.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i always get creeped out when these things happen in the night. the red lights flashing and no siren, that's almost scarier to me. i hope things are settling down in a good way mama. xoxo

Lilly said...

Not nice at all, girl....made me think of something out of The Zwillight Zone..

Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight. Never underestimate sleep.

paintergirl said...

kiki-exactly. what happened you know.
When my energy is off, things around me also get off as well. does that make sense.

lilly!!!
It was so completely bad. It took me hours to fall back to sleep. I kept picturing people running from the scene.

Things are a little better, sleep comes when we shut all the windows and turn the air on.

hollibobolli said...

I don't know why - this freaked me out.

I haven't slept well at all. Someone accidentally posted my address and cell phone number underneath that picture I put up to vote for Faith - so who knows who saw it - and all the freaks who hit my blog.. and some weird person answered an ad on craigslist for furniture and I slipped and said Tom was out of town and they just said they were sending someone right over - and it scared me. I woke up from Faith and I sleeping on the couch.. we went upstairs and all the little birdies in the computer room went off at once.. I swear I heard someone downstairs. I yelled down that I was getting the gun and I swear to you I heard footsteps. When I came downstairs the front door was unlocked. I specifically locked that front door when we left to run an errand.

I'm sure nobody was in the house - but I'll be glad when Tom is home. I rarely get flippy, but I've been on edge lately.

What is "her methods are inscrutable" from? That's going to drive me nuts. And the second part goes.. da da da da da da DA.

paintergirl said...

holli-ok this has me freaking out.

I'm sure no one was in the house. I hope tom comes home soon. all sorts of scary things happen to me when J is gone. Once I found a gun in our yard and J was in dc.

I heard Robert Palmer on the radio, Simply Irresistable. "she's so fine, there's no telling where the money went"


Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rockin' the Catskills, United States
Love number stations.