14 June 2007

come and rock me Amadeus...

I don't have a really good pic of the Cardinal babies BUT I have a dear one of some gosling's. That is the "Hey Lady" lake in the background. jc has a full roundup of critters .


Over at Create a Connection "the Getting To Know" questions are ones I have been sort of thinking about myself.

When did you begin your first blog and what inspired you to do so?
I started one back in 2003 and I abandoned it. It might have been sweet art, something like that. Then in 2004, I started over with paintergirl and I was in search of a lost painting. I think it's really funny thinking about it now. The blog has been from Atlanta to Norwalk to our present unamusing city and soon to be Plattsburgh area.



Do you have more than one blog? Why? How are they different?
I have my very fun paintergirl asks that I just started this year.

There is another one that is on the shelf now. I'm not morbid, I'm not an Addams really, it's just something that has kind of freaked me out for awhile. It's called Fresh Air Death Watch. I used to listen to Terry Gross on NPR when I was working at home, and well I always thought she had some kind of Night Gallery/Twilight Zone way about her. For example if you are interviewed on her show, you'll die next week. It's not really like that, but it just seemed that way to me. She also plays past interviews she's had when the person dies, as a sort of tribute. If you miss the first part of the broadcast, you might miss her saying so and so has died. Hence why this freaks me out a little. I think Ray Davies, Terrence Stamp and Gene Simmons scared me the most. Oh and Paul Rubens.
Now you know another side of paintergirl.

How would you characterize your blog?
Creative

Political
Informational
Community-oriented
Or something else? Something else something else oh and creative

To paraphrase Oprah, what is "one thing you know for sure" about blogging?
anyone can do it

Is it important to you to get feedback in terms of comments or pings? Why or why not?
Of course. Now I feel like I have blog friends so it's a way to share my life with them and connect. I show paintings and drawings and it's nice to get feedback on them. So if only a few people write that's cool because well it's all ok.

What 3 blogs would you recommend to our readers and why?

(They don't have to be blogs you read everyday and CAC is disqualified because everyone would, of course, put it on their list!)
Perceval Press
Nice art and important/sometimes controversial topics. Oh yea, and Viggo does it.

Keepers Logbook
Well maybe no one else is going to like this, but since I'm a titch obsessed with the light house, the keeper has a blog.

Rose and Radish
Because I love this store and I love their business theory. Something I could adopt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not fair that you told about Fresh Air Death Watch but we can't read it!
I love an original idea and this sounds original!

Isn't it cool how people connect via their blogs? So glad I found yours!
Thanks for participating....see ya next week too, I hope!

paintergirl said...

charlotte-it's just one more thing I have to keep track of, and I just don't have the time. Besides I think the title is a little too harsh. I need to soften it up-it's needs to be more mystery science theatre sounding.

kristen said...

i started in 2004 as well, can't believe it's been over 3 years now. I'm glad you blog girlfriend. xo

paintergirl said...

kiki-I can't believe it's been so long-and it seems like yesterday we lived in Atl. I'm glad you blog too and I'm happy to have found you!


Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rockin' the Catskills, United States
Love number stations.