It's Getting To Know You Wednesday. I had a great time doing this and thanks Melba for providing me the opportunity!
This final week is a bit of a tribute to Marcel Proust. He really made these questionnaires
popular and I thought it would be fun. You can read about the Proust questions/history here.
The Infamous Proust Questionnaire
* Your most marked characteristic?
* The quality you most like in a man?
sense of humor
* The quality you most like in a woman?
* What do you most value in your friends?
* What is your principle defect?
* What is your favorite occupation?
* What is your dream of happiness?
I'm still searching for the perfect answer
* What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
Never marrying my husband and having our son
* What would you like to be?
* In what country would you like to live?
* What is your favorite color?
My most favorite is cerulean blue.
* What is your favorite flower?
Tulips and exotics
* What is your favorite bird?
I love birds. I love cardinals and morning doves especially.
* Who are your favorite prose writers?
Jack Kerouac and Longfellow
* Who are your favorite poets?
* Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Joe Harman, from A Town Like Alice
* Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
Mary Yellan from Jamaica Inn
* Who are your favorite composers?
* Who are your favorite painters?
* Who are your heroes in real life?
The people who really do what they love
* Who are your favorite heroines of history?
Joan of Arc, Martha Washington
* What are your favorite names?
* What is it you most dislike?
People deciding to do the wrong thing
* What historical figures do you most despise?
Too many to list, again poor decision makers
* What event in military history do you most admire?
Paul Revere's ride-shouting "The British are coming!"
* What reform do you most admire?
Ending child labor
* What natural gift would you most like to possess?
lot's of self confidence
* How would you like to die?
* What is your present state of mind?
My brain hurts from answering these questions
* To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
My craving for dark chocolate
* What is your motto?
Live and let live
I was going to try to answer these in song lyrics but realised it would have made my brain explode.