04 July 2007

just a beer light to guide us...

Happy 4th to all my Stateside friends. There is something about seeing a parade with a band dressed in authentic clothing from the 1700's rat-a-tat-ta-ting on the snare that really makes me teary and proud. It's going to rain here so I think the fireworks are out. Sniff.

This is from Acumamakiki, and I really liked this meme.

Here's how to play.

First, remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom spot like so.

susie j

yoga glam girl

creative everyday

sticking to the point

paintergirl

Next, select 5 people to tag.

I know not everyone wants to do this, but I hope some will.

Now the questions.

what were you doing 10 years ago? I was working. Somewhat happily at The Loaf. J was going back to school to finish his degree in design and we were happy living in Atlanta. The future was ours.

what were you doing 1 year ago? I was prepping the house to sell. Painting everything(not the painting I love to do). Painting the deck, the porch, removing wallpaper, painting the bathroom. Removing any personal affects from the walls.

five snacks you enjoy you're enjoying this summer

  1. Ballantine beer
  2. S'mores(it' summer man)
  3. cherries
  4. naked ginger
  5. iced tea made with purple passion Tazo tea

five songs to which you know all the lyrics

(off the top of my head)

  1. Love Cats
  2. Bohemian Rhapsody
  3. You Should Be Dancing
  4. Girl From Ipanema
  5. Waterloo Sunset

five things you would do if you were a millionaire

  1. buy my mom a condo on the beach
  2. take care of my sister
  3. art projects
  4. M and college funds
  5. travel

five bad habits

  1. procrastinate
  2. quick temper
  3. stubborn
  4. self doubt
  5. loves snacks

five things you'd never wear again

  1. stirrup pants!!! (kiki how did we wear these?)
  2. bandeau bikini tops
  3. jumpsuit
  4. sweat pants
  5. long flowey skirts

five favorite toys

  1. seam ripper
  2. camera
  3. paintbrush marker pen

5 comments:

JC said...

I'm bummed about fireworks too. They cancelled the ones that I can see from my backyard since they thought it was going to rain (it isn't), and they rescheduled them for August 11! August 11th? WTF? What the hell is wrong with July 5th? Anyway, I already have plans for that night so I won't be home to see them.

That reminds me that I have some cherries to eat. yum.

I nver have liked that word. Loaf.

And what's up with the band links? None of them seem to match the songs?

Happy Fourth Day!

paintergirl said...

jc-oh I think I'm insane. Think is the operative word.

Maybe I'll fix this now.

I hate loaf too.

hollibobolli said...

God help us all if stirrup pants ever come back. Why we ever chose to put our own legs into stirrups is just beyond me.

Jumpsuits - LOL!

I heart that you know the words to the girl from impanema. My favorite version of that is Bebel Gilberto's.

I hate meat loaf. It's in my top 10 hated foods. who bakes with poured ketchup. GAG.

Most of the character flaws I share.

I might do this. And I need to answer your questions. I'm going to pre-write meme's to publish for when we're on the road.

paintergirl said...

holli-I know-why stirrups? weren't leggings ok like they were? Uggh. Dreadful. Sometimes I find my mom with an old pair of mine. I usually scream when I see them and try to secretly destroy them in the middle of the night.

I used to wear jumpsuits as a kid. I had some cute ones. 10 year old dressed in a Navy jumpsuit-cute. A 40 year old in a Navy jumper-not so cute.

I hope you give us lots of tales from the road.

kristen said...

Jumpsuits!! Also something I'll never wear again although yesterday in the city I saw someone wearing a shorts jumpsuit outfit and I almost shouted.

I heart snacks myself - is it a bad habit? I guess it is when you notice your child being a snacky snack instead of wanting meals...sigh.


Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rockin' the Catskills, United States
Love number stations.