17 November 2004

Hello sunshine...

Today, actually yesterday, in the midst of getting angry at the person who did not pick up after their dog, I decided to be part of the solution, and not the problem. Anytime I find myself ready to complain, I try to figure out what I can do to rectify the situation. I keep telling my son this mantra as well. So, for the dog poop incident, I made a friendly little sign and placed it in the park. I would go and find the poop but the park is covered in leaves and I have no idea where it might be. I also started picking up garbage and recycling products and putting them in our bin. I know I'm not going to save the world, but I can at least set a good example for my 2 year old. Another thing that is very aggravating. People never return shopping carts. A friend of mine was telling me that she thinks that people use their carts in the store, like they drive their car. The clueless, well sit in the middle of an aisle like they are the only ones shopping. Hence, they probably drive around, talking on their mobile, causing accidents. Well, I have a new theory about shopping carts. What one does with a shopping cart once you get out in the parking lot, shows how you voted for the presidential election. Really. Just take note next time you are out. Those with 4 more year stickers, tend to place shopping carts next to the car in front of them. LAZY!

I also have a new respect for Viggo Mortensen. I just read his interview in Vanity Fair from January 2004. It's sad it took me this long, but hey, I have a toddler, I'm lucky to shower everyday. If any one ever reads my posts, check out this website.http://www.percevalpress.com/home.html
It's a publishing company and the home page states very eloquently what some Americans felt like saying after November 2.

No comments:


Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Rockin' the Catskills, United States
Love number stations.